Trust us! It will be the coolest thing you do all year....
*2015 Update - There are some big changes coming to the Nashville Plunge. Check back November 1st to hear the big announcement.
Come and join hundreds of brave individuals on Saturday, February 15th 2014, and support Special Olympics Tennessee athletes by running into the chilly waters of Percy Priest Lake at Nashville Shores (map). With a minimum of $50 in donations each plunger receives the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, complimentary lunch, two passes for the Celebration Party and all bragging rights associated with such a brave endeavor.
It's easy to participate! Just follow these 3 steps:
Step 2. Begin collecting donations to support your plunge. Use the donation form or create a Personal Online Fundraising page (just think your own personal webpage...you're famous). Each plunger must raise a minimum $50 to plunge. Click here for instructions on creating your own online fundraising page.
Step 3. Bring all offline collected donations to the Plunge on February 15th. Current online fundraising totals will be available at registration.
- Sign the waiver and release form before the event to save time at registration.
- Plunge in anything but a wet suit.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged and awarded!
- Shoes are required (no flip flops)!
- All plungers will sign a waiver of release and plungers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signature.
Plunging as part of a Team?
- A team consists of at least 3 plungers and a great team name.
- Each team member must register, sign the waiver & raise the required minimum donation ($50).
- During the online registration process you will be asked to create or join a team.
- All donations raised by each team member will be added to the team total.
- A team member is also eligible for individual awards.
Nashville Polar Plunge is supported by
2014 Plunge Incentives
Every Plunger must raise a minimum of $50 and will receive the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, complimentary lunch and two passes for the Celebration Party. Additional incentives are TBA.
Tentative Event Schedule
11:00am: Registration/Check-in Opens
12:00pm: Costume Contest - Lunch Service Opens
12:30pm- 2pm: THE PLUNGE!!!
6:00pm-8:00pm - Celebration
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Team Fundraisers
- Best Individual Costume
- Best Team Theme (Overall team concept - costume, concept, energy, entry)