Trust us! It will be the coolest thing you do all year....
Welcome to the MUSIC CITY POLAR PLUNGE Home Page. We're looking forward to another year of Freezin' for a Reason!
Information for our 2016 event will be posted in September.
Come and join hundreds of brave individuals on Saturday, February 28th 2015, and support Special Olympics Tennessee athletes by taking a chilly dip into our pool at LP Field. With a minimum of $75 in donations ($50 for students) each plunger receives the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, complimentary lunch, two passes for the Celebration Party and all bragging rights associated with such a brave endeavor.
It's easy to participate! Just follow these 3 steps:
Step 2. Begin collecting donations to support your plunge. Use the donation form or create a Personal Online Fundraising page (just think your own personal webpage...you're famous). Each plunger must raise a minimum $75 to plunge.
Step 3. Bring all offline collected donations to the Plunge on February 28th. Current online fundraising totals will be available at registration.
- Sign the waiver and release form before the event to save time at registration.
- Plunge in anything but a wet suit.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged and awarded!
- All plungers will sign a waiver of release and plungers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signature.
Plunging as part of a Team?
- A team consists of at least 3 plungers and a great team name.
- Each team member must register, sign the waiver & raise the required minimum donation ($75).
- During the online registration process you will be asked to create or join a team.
- All donations raised by each team member will be added to the team total.
- A team member is also eligible for individual awards.
Donation Form Download
Create Fundraising Page Instructions
Waiver and Release Form
Did you Say Pool?
Yes, for the second time we will be jumping into our own portable plunge pool at the LP Field parking lot. Here's some pics to see what you'll be getting into......literally!
Tentative Event Schedule
10:00am: Registration/Check-in Opens
11:00am Costume Contest - Lunch Service Opens
11:30am-1pm: THE PLUNGE!!!
- Top Individual Fundraiser
- Top Team Fundraisers
- Best Individual Costume
- Best Team Theme (Overall team concept - costume, concept, energy, entry)
2015 Plunge Incentives
Every Plunger must raise a minimum of $75 ($50 for students) and will receive the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, and a complimentary lunch. Additional incentives are TBA.