Gettin' Cold for the Gold! Take the Plunge for Special Olympics!
2019 Polar Plunge Knoxville information coming soon!
The Knoxville, TN Polar Plunge is scheduled for Saturday,February 24th 2018. Grab some friends and come support Special Olympics Tennessee athletes by jumping into the Outdoor pool at the UT Aquatics Center (map). With a minimum of $50 in donations each plunger receives the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, a complimentary lunch provided by Moe's Southwestern Grill and all bragging rights associated with such a brave endeavor. (Event Photos)
It's easy to participate: Just follow these three easy steps....
Step 1. Register online or you can fill out the registration form and mail back to Special Olympics Tennessee!
Step 2. Begin collecting donations to support your plunge. Use the donation form or create a Personal Online Fundraising page. Each plunger must raise a minimum $50 to plunge.
Step 3. Bring all collected donations to the Plunge. Online fundriaising totals will be available at registration.
- Plunge in anything but a wet suit.
- Costumes are strongly encouraged and awarded!
- All plungers will sign a waiver of release and plungers under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian signature.
Donation Form Download
Waiver and Release Form
Plunging as part of a Team?
- A team consists of at least 5 plungers and an awesome team name.
- Each team member must register, sign the waiver & raise the required minimum donation ($50).
- Be sure to include your "awesome" team name on the registration form or on the online registration
- All donations raised by each team member will be added to the team total.
- A team member is also eligible for individual awards.
11:30 am - onsite registration opens
12:30 pm - costume contest
1:00 pm - plunge begins
2018 Plunge Incentives
Every Plunger must raise a minimum of $50 and will receive the official long-sleeved Plunge t-shirt, and a complimentary lunch.